Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Morse Code Red wine 2008 Shiraz is from South Australia.
The fruit for this wine was sourced from the Estate's Padthaway vineyards. A small proportion of the wine finished ferment in barrel, but the majority was un-oaked to allow the fruit to shine. It has a percentage of 14.7 of alcohol. Aromas of spicy black pepper and dark red fruits carry over to the flavor. Black pepper on the front of the palate is followed by a gamey mineral taste. Mouth feel is a little rough with some high unrefined tannins and the finish is a bit on the jammy side.
Oak profile: A small proportion of the wine finished ferment in barrel, but the majority was unoaked to allow the fruit to shine.
Terroir: The fruit for this wine was sourced from the Estate’s Padthaway vineyards. The vines are in various types of soil, including red loam, black loam and deep sand over limestone
.
As I experienced the flavor, the aroma and pungent taste of this wine I considered it to be a challenge for my new found love for Shiraz. So I purchased this wine as well during my wine tasting at the Manor in Chelsea on Friday. I accompanied this spicy peppery after taste with a t bone steak and red potatoes and broccoli spears. And I must say my mind was made up that this was just not for me. Personally, I felt it was too dark and rich in flavor and had the after taste of a flat root beer soda. Weird right? I know but maybe if you try it, it can turn out differently for you. But in my opinion this is not a real recommendation from me to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment